Having sex on your period will not appeal to everyone but it can offer a surprising benefit. With your libido increasing as your menstrual cycle approaches, your vagina is likely abuzz with a multitude of extra sexy senses. And that means that having sex during your period actually makes having an orgasm that much easier to achieve.
Follow these tips to help you get over any inhibitions and tap in to the likelihood of quicker, stronger, orgasms during sex on your period.
6 TIPS FOR SEX ON YOUR PERIOD
1. The best rule for having sex on your period is that you do not have to jump in and go crazy on the first day of your period. It will be messier and for some a little sensitive, so wait a day or two before giving it a go.
2. If you feel self conscious about any odor, use a sturdy flavored condom to help mask any smell. However, having a shower beforehand is the best way to prevent any odor.
3. Always discuss with your partner what you are both comfortable with beforehand. If sex on your period for you does not include cunnilingus then there are plenty of other ways to stimulate you. Keep in mind that although oral sex during menstruation can be even more of a taboo than just intercourse, many couples do actually participate in it. So as possible from a possible metallic taste, having cunnilingus while you are menstruating is nothing to afraid of and can be done safely between two committed partners.
4. It goes without saying that having sex on your period is always best when you are totally clean. Have a shower beforehand and if you're still not completely confident due to the 'ick' factor, stick to the positions that will create less mess. Missionary is a good way to start out with a dark towel underneath you to spare your sheets. Have a shower together afterwards so you will feel at your sparkling cleanest best.
5. Having said that, sex on your period is always an excellent excuse for shower sex. Get hot and steamy together in the shower without having to worry about your natural lubrication washing away. Your period makes you naturally more wet allowing for slippery sensitive shower sex.
6. If sex on your period all sees too messy you could consider the sponge to avoid messy period sex. Available from most pharmacy's, the sponge is a small natural or synthetic piece of sponge, that is inserted up in to the vagina to absorb menstrual flow. Once removed it is rinsed and washed for use again. If inserted high enough, it can stop the flow of blood during sex and should also be undetectable to your partner. The advantages are obvious, but retiring it with your fingers can be tricky a task.